Including Oakhurst, East Lake, Stone Mountain, Avondale Estates, Druid Hills, Scottdale, Belvedere Park, and Candler-McAfee
Northeast of Atlanta lies a safe suburban city filled with extensive history and beautiful nature. With its museums, gardens and universities, Decatur, Georgia is a great place to live and visit. There are around 25,810 residents living in Decatur and 64.9% of workers drive to work with an average commute of 23.2 minutes. With so much activity, accidents on the road are not only possible, but more likely. Don’t be driving dirty in DeKalb County because many of the police cars are equipped with automatic tag readers which can instantly tell if you are driving uninsured
Peachstate Insurance has been doing business in Northern Georgia for over 30 years. The Decatur office is easily reachable by phone, email or using the website. Our agents are very familiar with the needs of those in Eastern Atlanta and North Georgia and love to save people money on their car insurance.
Peachstate Insurance has helped Georgia drivers find cheap auto insurance for over two decades. Although Decatur may feel like a small town, its proximity to Atlanta and I-285 make it important to carry the right amount of car insurance coverage.
What Does Car Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance policies cover a range of perils depending on what policy you purchase. Auto insurance may cover:
- Bodily Injury: Bodily injury liability is required by most states, including Georgia. This coverage helps pay medical expenses if you cause bodily injury to another person while operating the insured vehicle.
- Property Damage: This coverage is also usually required by states. It helps pay for property damage you may cause another person while operating the insured vehicle.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage helps with damages done to your vehicle by accidents that aren’t collisions. This includes falling rocks or tree branches, fires, theft, vandalism and more.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage helps pay for damages to your vehicle when you collide with another vehicle or object.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This coverage helps cover the cost of damages if you crash with a motorist who doesn’t have insurance or lacks the correct amount of coverage.
When to Change Auto Insurance
Auto insurance rates tend to fluctuate, as do your auto insurance needs. If you make any life changes, switch cars, or become unhappy with the amount you’re paying in premiums, please speak with an insurance agent about adjusting your policy.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Decatur, Georgia?
On average, drivers in Decatur, Georgia pay $133 a month for car insurance.
Why is Car Insurance Expensive in Georgia?
Georgia tends to have higher car insurance rates for a variety of reasons, including the amount of traffic accidents and crime rates.
Give us a Call
Our agents at Peachstate Insurance work with reliable carriers to find drivers from all walks of life cheap auto insurance no matter what type of vehicle. Call us today at 404-289-2308 or fill out an online quote form to insure your vehicle. RIGHT PRICE, RIGHT COVERAGE, RIGHT DOWN THE STREET!