Georgia Auto Insurance Basics
Auto Insurance Information for North Georgia Drivers
Serving Atlanta, Cartersville, College Park, Decatur, Douglasville, Jonesboro, Lawrenceville, Macon, Marietta, Norcross, Smyrna, Stockbridge
For some, car insurance may seem like a necessary evil. Premiums always seem to go up without warning and one mistake on your driving record can make them skyrocket higher. At Peachstate Insurance, we understand how frustrating finding auto insurance can be. It can be especially hard for people with blemishes on their driving records. That’s why we work with a range of carriers to find cheap car insurance for your driving needs.
Did you know that the average travel time to work in Georgia is 28.8 minutes? That means you spend on average at least an hour in your car every day. Make sure your car has the protection it needs.
Does Georgia Require Car Insurance?
Like most states, Georgia requires drivers to carry a certain amount of liability insurance. The requirements include:
- $25,000 per person in bodily injury liability, $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 per accident in property damage liability
- $25,000 per person in uninsured motorist bodily injury, $50,000 per accident
- $25,000 in uninsured motorist property damage. Deductible is $250, $500, or $1,000.
What Does Full Coverage Car Insurance Cover?
A full coverage auto insurance policy can include these options:
- Bodily Injury Liability: This coverage helps pay for injuries you may cause another person while driving.
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP): PIP helps pay for medical expenses and occasionally other damages after an accident no matter who’s at fault.
- Comprehensive Coverage: This coverage helps pay for damage to your car that occurs from incidents besides collision. This includes fire, theft, hail, wind and falling trees.
- Collision Coverage: This coverage helps pay for damage to your car that occurs as a result of collision with a car or object.
- Full Coverage vs. Liability Coverage: Full coverage insurance provides comprehensive protection for your vehicle, encompassing not only liability but also collision, theft, and other damages, while liability coverage only pays for the damages you cause to others in an accident.
- Uninsured motorist coverage: Uninsured motorist coverage is a type of auto insurance that provides financial protection to a policyholder in the event of an accident caused by a driver who lacks insurance.
- Medical Payments Coverage: Medical Payments Coverage, often included in auto insurance policies, provides reimbursement for medical expenses incurred by you and your passengers as a result of a car accident, regardless of who was at fault.
- Gap insurance: Gap insurance is a type of auto insurance that covers the difference between the actual cash value of a vehicle and the amount still owed on a car loan in case of theft or total loss.
- Physical Damage Insurance: Physical damage insurance is a type of insurance may help cover the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it suffers damage from various situations.
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in Georgia?
On average, car insurance in Georgia is around $1,388 a year (around $116 a month). We can offer policies starting as low as $42 a month! Georgia has relatively cheap car insurance compared to the rest of the U.S.
What Affects My Car Insurance Premiums?
There are many factors that affect car insurance premiums including age, lifestyle, the car being insured, driving record, gender and more. If you’re considered a “high-risk” driver, you may have trouble finding cheap car insurance. That’s where Peachstate steps in to find you affordable, high-quality car insurance.
Visit Us Today
Peachstate Insurance has the right coverage for you with the right price with agents ready and eager to help insure your car so you can drive safely down Georgia highways. Call us today at 877-997-2478 or fill out an online quote now.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.