MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2023
Full coverage auto insurance in Georgia is a blend of coverage providing extensive protection for you and your vehicle. It’s not a one-size-fits-all solution, and the right choice depends on factors such as your car’s value, how you use it and your preferences.
Contact Peachstate Insurance with offices throughout Georgia for a full coverage auto insurance quote.
What Is Full Coverage Auto Insurance?
Full coverage auto insurance isn’t a specific policy type but a combination of coverages designed to provide financial protection for your vehicle. While the definition of full coverage can vary, it typically includes the following:
- Liability insurance—This coverage is mandatory in Georgia and may help cover the costs of injuries or property damage you cause to others in an accident, up to the policy’s limits. Your agent may recommend adding more than the minimum required amount of liability insurance to help provide additional financial protection.
- Collision coverage—This policy may help pay for damage to your vehicle if you collide with another car or object, regardless of who is at fault.
- Comprehensive coverage—This policy may help cover noncollision-related damages to your vehicle, such as theft, vandalism, natural disasters and encounters with animals such as deer.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage—This policy may help provide financial protection if you’re in an accident with a driver who doesn’t have sufficient insurance or any at all.
- Guaranteed asset protection (GAP) coverage—This policy may help pay off your vehicle if it’s a total loss after a covered incident or accident.
These coverages combined typically provide what is commonly referred to as “full coverage.”
Your agent may recommend tailoring your car insurance coverage to include the following optional policies and endorsements:
- Medical payments (MedPay)
- Towing coverage
- Auto glass coverage
- Rental reimbursement
- Rideshare coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Custom equipment coverage
- New car replacement coverage
Do You Need Full Coverage in Georgia?
The only legally required component of full coverage in Georgia is liability insurance. Whether you purchase full coverage car insurance depends on your situation.
If you lease or finance your vehicle, your lienholder may require full coverage to help protect their investment. Our agents can help you get car insurance that meets your lienholder’s requirements.
At Peachstate Insurance, we specialize in crafting auto insurance policies that fit the diverse needs of Georgia drivers. Get a full coverage auto insurance quote instantly!
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.
Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)
All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only.
It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional
in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between
you and the blog and website publisher.